One of the major considerations in a home is the energy efficiency. A house that is thoroughly insulated, properly sealed, and sufficiently vented at the right locations will reduce utility bills considerably which keeps your monthly expenses in check.
RSH Engineering’s Energy Audit is a thorough inspection to determine areas that allow excessive air losses.
- Insulation checked at ceilings, attic floors and pull-down doors, walls, doors leading to garage(s)
- Type of insulation used: batts or blankets, loose fill, or rigid board
- Pipes and air ducts
- Heating and air conditioning
- Measure temperature difference from inlet to outlet using infrared thermometer
- Operation/quality of filters, blower motor, coil, and condenser units
- Check for adequate attic ventilation via ridge vents, soffit vents, attic fans
- Check for window seals that are broken and air leakages
- Inspect for adequate/missing caulking and weather-stripping
- Exterior – evaluate following areas for leaks:
- Doors, windows, bricks, siding, trim